Use of the website is provided by Sightsavers subject to the following terms and conditions.
1. By using this website you accept the terms and conditions. They are effective from your first visit.
2. Sightsavers may change these terms and conditions from time to time. Your use of the website indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions at the time of use.
3. Sightsavers reserves the right to change the content of the website at any time.
4. Sightsavers has taken every precaution to make sure the content of this website is accurate and legally correct at the time of appearance. If you believe the content of any of our pages is inaccurate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Sightsavers accepts no liability for loss or damage, including personal injury, resulting from use of this website. Sightsavers makes all reasonable efforts to ensure malware or viruses are not transmitted from this website, but this cannot be guaranteed. We recommend that you safeguard your IT equipment before downloading information and files. Sightsavers will not accept liability for damage caused by viruses.
6. When we provide links to other websites it does not mean that we approve of or endorse the views and information contained within them. We accept no liability for damage caused by malware or viruses on websites we have linked to.
7. Please request permission before using our logos or other branded material. We reserve the right to require our logo to be removed from websites or printed material if it is not in our interests.
8. Our downloadable documents, brochures and web pages are provided for your use. You may copy or print the information for private purposes, including teaching. You may not amend the content or use it for commercial purposes without Sightsavers’ written consent.
9. Images and photos used on this website are the property of Sightsavers or other copyright owners. They may not be reproduced or used without Sightsavers’ or the copyright owner’s written consent.
What do we do with your information?
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
- To make sure we have an accurate record of all the donations we receive.
- To email you with news and information about Sightsavers and our campaigns, but only if you have agreed to this.
- To make sure you are receiving the most appropriate and relevant information for you.
- To find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our campaign.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information from you in a number of ways, for example when you:
- Make a donation.
- Sign up to our campaign.
- Sign up to stay updated.
- Complete questionnaires.
We won’t collect or record any of your personal information unless you choose to give it to us.
How we protect your personal details
We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt any financial information you send when you donate or buy something. This software encrypts all your personal data so these details cannot be accessed as they are transferred to us over the internet.
What are cookies?
Read more about cookies at the All About Cookies website
Information we collect
Strictly necessary cookies
These are necessary for the website to function. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you that amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These enable us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of these services may not function properly.
These may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store any personally identifiable information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
You can turn off cookies at any time. If you do, you may notice that the site doesn’t work as well and you may not be able to use every service.
We use Google Analytics to understand how the site is being used so we can improve it for other visitors. The data we collect is always anonymous.
You should also be aware that these websites are likely to collect information about you and your use of the internet. Check the policies of each site to find out how they collect information and how to opt out or delete the information.
External web services
We use a number of external web services on our site to display content within our pages. For example, we use YouTube to display video. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.
Turning off cookies
All modern browsers enable you to change your cookie settings. The Help function of your web browser will tell you how.